brookecharles asked: I cannot describe how thankful I am that God has put you on Tumblr! I met this guy two years ago. From the moment I met him, I felt something in my heart go: that’s it, he’s the one. Problem is, I feel like I haven’t made enough room in my heart for God because I so feverishly love others. I have been feeling, for a while, that God will not bless me with a husband (this guy or someone else) until I learn to love Him first and all others second.
I guess my question is, how do I come to love God more? How do I get Him to captivate my heart as much as others have? Now, lets be clear. I don’t want to love God just so he’ll give me things. I used to think that way, and have seen how foolish that is. I want to wholeheartedly surrender my heart to Him. I want to know His love. I’ve been a Christian for many years, but knowing, or rather, feeling how much I love this (aforementioned) man has taught me how much I want and need to love God, and then a billion times more. How do I do this? How do I love God more? [edited for length]
Unka Glen answered: What a beautiful question this is. The solution here is maybe less about making room in your heart for God, and more about loving God back in the way you’ve learned to love others, and then sharing that love with someone special.
Think about what it’s like to truly be in love:
— There is no logic or reason to it, in fact, it’s out of control. They call it “falling” in love for a reason, because you don’t think your way into it, or obligate your way into it, or guilt your way into it, you just fall. You surrender to the wild madness of that all-out giddy passion. This is exactly the way we should love the Lord.
— You love whether you’ll be loved in return. I understand that some people get worried that God will reject them (even though, ya know, the Bible says otherwise), but if God ever had a notion to reject me, that doesn’t mean I’m bound to reject Him. I’m hanging on for dear life, and I don’t intend to get shook off, no matter how many times I mess up.
— You see beauty where others would miss it. Remember the story of the woman caught in adultery? An angry mob is getting ready to kill a naked woman, and with one sentence, Jesus clears that mob away, takes her face in His hands and says, “that’s the end of you being condemned.” Do you see what’s beautiful about Jesus in that? The more beauty you see, the more you love, and the more you love, the more beauty you see.
— You want to share everything. That’s an odd thing about being in love, you want to know everything about them, and you want them to know everything about you. You want to understand and be understood. You want to constantly discover more about the object of your love, and you long to see yourself in the eyes of your lover.
— You feel complete in love. We say to ourselves, “I’ll feel attractive, if this person finds me attractive”, or “I’ll think of myself as desirable if this person finds me desirable”. Think of how completed you are by God’s love, a love that created you, a love that died to save you.
You already know how to love, so let yourself love.
- sweetmiracle1 reblogged this from unkaglen
- iwastoldbyjesusallwaswell likes this
- thiswilllast likes this
- ashinramen likes this
- thecriesforwolf likes this
- shozzyoz reblogged this from distanceanddirections
- distanceanddirections reblogged this from unkaglen and added:
- notsuperman-walkalongsideme likes this
- mmrn likes this
- marriagemindedmovement likes this
- tinaille likes this
- jspark3000 likes this
- valerinam likes this
- misstaylorfohr likes this
- carryonyoungsailor likes this
- this-is-bre reblogged this from unkaglen and added:
- brookecharles likes this
- brookecharles reblogged this from unkaglen
- elitesone likes this
- worth- likes this
- itmakesforhappyendings reblogged this from unkaglen
- itmakesforhappyendings likes this
- creatingfire likes this
- trishavictoriav likes this
- latrademark reblogged this from unkaglen and added:
- afinelinedesign reblogged this from unkaglen
- afieldwithoutafence likes this
- marahroque likes this
- zsnapformation reblogged this from unkaglen
- kafryn likes this
- dovesflyfrommyheart likes this
- katiees likes this
- angerreleased reblogged this from unkaglen
- thewatersareclear likes this
- zippylu likes this
- thisisthestuff732 reblogged this from unkaglen
- holyhotnessbypvi reblogged this from unkaglen
- holyhotnessbypvi likes this
- beach-beachh-beachhh likes this
- sarahsayss likes this
- paigeofpaper reblogged this from unkaglen
- thunderpopcola likes this
- monmonikka likes this
- rabburabbuchu likes this
- whitelaceandblackpearls likes this
- chocobuttercam reblogged this from unkaglen
- little-vince reblogged this from unkaglen
- robbiefelipe reblogged this from unkaglen
- the-waythetruththelife likes this
- sincerelysbp likes this