What do you want them to write on your tombstone? “Here lies someone who followed all the rules and was responsible and made good grades and never offended anyone”. Believe me, in that case, they won’t bother writing anything at all. If you know how you want to be remembered, even if it’s just a vague idea, then you’ll end up living into the legend.
Too many Christians I talk to have the whole movie of their life set up, but no idea what they’ll do in it. They can tell you where they’d like to live, and what their apartment or house will look like, and what kind of people they’ll be around, but no idea what they’ll do when they get there.
But ya see, it’s all about the thing you’ll do. The when, where, and how are just details. If you’re useful to the Kingdom, you’ll be put to use. Think big. Not in the way the world thinks big (which involves fame, money, and big ol’ buildings), but think big in the Kingdom sense.
You’ve got a passion, a hobby, a thing that you love. Maybe God gave you that passion so He could use it in some way. Use your imagination. Your love of video games could be a men’s fellowship night/tournament to the death. Your love of fashion could be a makeover night with at-risk inner-city girls where you talk about Jesus while you make them up.
The possibilities are endless… You can:
— Pour everything into the life of your kids, in order to raise them to be next great leaders of the church.
— Write a song that contains the entire Gospel message, so that someone could sing the song, and mean it, and end up being saved.
— Design a super-cheap way of purifying drinking water, and use this as a way of helping missionaries reach under-developed countries.
— Take your love of horseback riding and start a ranch that combines animal rescue with inner city outreach, teaching at risk kids how to care for the animals, and have talks about Jesus around the campfire at night.
— Start a foundation that researches different missions organizations, so you can pair big money donors with organizations that do an effective job of the kind of ministry they want to support.
— Raise support to build a garage, where you repair the cars of inner city pastors, urban missionaries, prison chaplains, and other front line urban ministry workers… for free.
— Start a church volleyball league that brings together the churches in your area, and then give them a challenge to work together on something great.
Maybe you’re just the first domino that sets something huge in motion, but by God, take hold of that chance to be that domino.
“Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal, to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.“ (Philippians 3:12-14)
- sweetmiracle1 reblogged this from unkaglen
- bubblydani likes this
- watchme-wander reblogged this from unkaglen
- mmrn likes this
- trubilee likes this
- peacelovemone likes this
- akengblom reblogged this from lifetimesurrender
- trishavictoriav likes this
- lifetimesurrender reblogged this from unkaglen
- notsuperman-walkalongsideme likes this
- faithhopeloveee likes this
- britrianne reblogged this from jedbrewer
- britrianne likes this
- katorkat likes this
- teamunity likes this
- creatingfire likes this
- gracedupon reblogged this from unkaglen
- paddielli reblogged this from unkaglen
- paddielli likes this
- lanfun reblogged this from unkaglen
- targawryens likes this
- bunniteer reblogged this from ohhowdeeplyloved
- bunniteer likes this
- pd12 reblogged this from unkaglen and added:
- pd12 likes this
- margefu likes this
- flowby likes this
- ashfrem likes this
- thunderpopcola likes this
- kyrapendley reblogged this from unkaglen
- jennleigh likes this
- erikarenee likes this
- brave-hearted reblogged this from hope-and-heartstrings
- lettherebecourage likes this
- thesecondstar reblogged this from unkaglen
- ohhowdeeplyloved reblogged this from unkaglen
- suzmur likes this
- hope-and-heartstrings reblogged this from unkaglen and added:
- chiisuchi reblogged this from jedbrewer
- chiisuchi likes this
- shoresandskies likes this
- ashpashbash likes this
- the-waythetruththelife reblogged this from unkaglen
- the-waythetruththelife likes this
- fearfullyandwonderfullymade reblogged this from unkaglen
- crystalshoener likes this
- jedbrewer reblogged this from unkaglen
- jedbrewer likes this
- karenasada likes this
- bayliboop likes this