afterallofthesparks asked: Why did God make men and women unequal? I don’t get it. Women are constantly made to feel weak and in dire need of male leadership, but men don’t seem to express the same need for female wisdom and understanding. It upsets me because I am willing to submit to male authority, but not when they are full of arrogance and pride. Does God care that I feel so hurt and devalued as a woman in the church?
Unka Glen answered: Let’s take this line by line, because all of it is worthy of comment, and feel free and print this out for the men in your life…
Women are made to feel weak and in need of male leadership. ALL of us in the faith are called to be servants, and we ALL have authority that we submit to. Serving the Lord in submission to Him is what makes us strong. None of that implies that we are weak, or that males automatically have something the rest of us need. Men must submit to God, and learn to follow before they can be worthy to lead.
Men don’t seem to express the same need for female wisdom and understanding. There’s a word for that: foolishness. A good leader gets as much input as he can, and he values the word of the person on the ground and in the mix more than his inner circle of “yes men”.
Part of my job is coaching pastors, and my first step on that is to ask the wife what his problem is, and the second step is to ask, “how often does he listen to you?” What I discover is that about 80% of the time the pastor’s problems would be solved by simply listening to their own wives.
I’m willing to submit to male authority, but not when they’re full of arrogance and pride. And it would be WRONG of you to submit to arrogance and pride. If you submit to a pastor, it’s because you believe that this pastor submits to God. If you work for a ministry like mine, you should only do that if you feel called by God to do it in the first place. That is, you’re really submitting to God, I’m just the instrument. Prideful and arrogant people aren’t letting God lead, so there’s no reason to follow them anywhere.
Does God care that I feel so hurt and devalued as a woman in the church? Yes! God cares about this on a deeper level than you’re capable of feeling. And God is not pleased by this behavior. And when He’s displeased, leadership has a way of changing hands.
Why did God make men and women unequal? Well, He didn’t really. He simply put men in charge, and ya know, I’ve thought a lot about that. Women are smarter about emotions, which makes them much better equipped to be able to minister to others. They mature faster, they smell better, I mean, you name it. For me it all goes back to the garden of Eden.
Adam and Eve commit the one sin you’re not supposed to commit, and God is casting them out of he Garden of Eden, and He says that the man will rule over the woman. I think a lot of men think this is because she messed up first. But think about it, God looked at these two, and while He was laying down curses, He said, “This dude is now in charge, ya know, the one person who FAILED to lead things in the right direction”.
Either way, my job as a spiritual leader is to serve those under me. To equip them, to encourage them, to lift them up. If you have a servant leader anywhere in your life, you have no problems submitting to being equipped, encouraged and being lifted up. The people calling for you to follow, are generally not the least bit worthy of being followed.
- moshpitwoo likes this
- today-isawindingroad likes this
- not-kalachuchai likes this
- krrristie likes this
- mushytee likes this
- thesubcondepo reblogged this from thebridgechicago
- friendly-neighborhood-crystal likes this
- scribblesideup likes this
- inkaddictedmama62512 likes this
- thebridgechicago reblogged this from unkaglen and added:
- thebridgechicago likes this
- americanainitaly likes this
- pajntsigvwj likes this
- thegraceofaith reblogged this from unkaglen
- perpetual-nomad likes this
- thegraceofaith likes this
- tinaille likes this
- ooootie said: Well said!
- ooootie likes this
- afterallofthesparks reblogged this from unkaglen and added:
- weepycreep likes this
- mmrn reblogged this from unkaglen
- mmrn likes this
- simply-beloved likes this
- pd12 likes this
- mikaelahstravels likes this
- bryxhearsxmusic likes this
- trebledtimes reblogged this from unkaglen
- auntieemsgardengnomeemporium likes this
- brycheezy reblogged this from unkaglen and added:
- itsshaaarx3 likes this
- phhez likes this
- ntrinnu2 reblogged this from unkaglen
- the-wandering-warrior reblogged this from unkaglen and added:
- the-wandering-warrior likes this
- this-is-bre likes this
- urbansoftshock likes this
- awordin likes this
- manycoloredeyes reblogged this from unkaglen
- musicalloafers likes this
- rabbitlungsinthewoods reblogged this from unkaglen
- colourscolour likes this
- princevictoria reblogged this from unkaglen
- princevictoria likes this
- princevictoria said: preachhhhhhh!
- walkingcringemoment likes this
- geo-stigma likes this
- eomira reblogged this from unkaglen and added:
- redthumbletters likes this
- mindoncoffee reblogged this from unkaglen